Saturday 30 May 2015

One man pub crawl #1

So my afternoon of solo drinking and watching sport has begun... and it didn't begin well, the first pub I went to wasn't showing the Guinness Premiership Final, which I consider to be way more interesting than the FA cup. So I drank my pint and left... this second pub is only showing horse racing and seems to have a combined average age of 80.

Interestingly, this is the pub I watched that abysmal game England played against Algeria is the 2010 World Cup. Back then the average age seemed to be around 17, they were all very drunk and not best pleased. So much so that I thought at the time the TV would soon be on the receiving end of an empty pint glass!

As the 90th minute approached I found myself edging closer to one of the pub's bouncers and when the final whistle went I couldn't get out of there fast enough! Seems strange that I'm now sat exactly where I was back in 2010 and the atmosphere is considerably less hostile, the TV is still intact too.

I'll finish my drink here, leave the old gits to their nags then head off to the next pub, which, from what I've been told, has been refurbished... knowing that pub, about time!