Saturday 16 May 2015

A completely innocent faux pas...

I went to go get my car serviced today and part of the process of getting it booked in for servicing was that me and the girl serving me needed to go and do a pre-service check for scratches, dents etc. So we headed outside and when we neared the area where I'd parked the car I mentioned that "The driver side door has a big ass scratch on it...".

Now, this girl was very nice, very professional and she just happened to have a very nice but very big ass. At the time it didn't even dawn on me what I'd said, I'd even go as far as to say it didn't even come from subconscious thoughts that I don't have any control of, it was just something that seemed to fit in the context of what I was trying to express.

She just laughed and we continued out to the car where we went round it and she picked out various small scratches/nicks etc. I couldn't tell if she'd noticed what I'd said but in the scheme of things I probably wouldn't have been surprised if she'd turned round and punched me in the face, she certainly looked like the type that doesn't take any shit when the professional demeanour that's required of her job comes down at the end of a working day.

After handing the keys over I left the dealership in search of a Wetherspoons greasy spoon breakfast, it was during that journey that it slowly dawned on me what I'd said, I almost felt like heading back to explain what I meant however if I'd done that a nice shiny shovel would have appeared behind her, beckoning me to dig my hole just a little deeper.

By the time I'd reached the pub I'd convinced myself that she hadn't noticed and that she's probably not at all insecure about her backside, she was very nice which is probably why I felt bad, even though I absolutely had the most innocent of intentions in saying what I said.

Anyway the car got serviced, she seemed fine and she served me with the usual efficient, polite, professional manner I've come to expect from that dealership that I go to... unbeknownst to me she'll probably be kickboxing an effigy of me later on this evening.