Monday 19 October 2015

Holiday Photography #101


Here's another example of playing around with a slower shutter speed, it's tricky to get the right settings because you have to control the amount of light entering the camera, too much and the picture will appear too 'bleached' and with a slower shutter speed too much light is always the problem.

ISO, aperture and F-Stop settings all come into play in order to get an acceptable picture:


Water is a great medium for messing with slower shutter speeds... you need a steady hand though, I got lucky with this one although there is still some blur, if I'd had my tripod with me it would have been much better.

Here's another example:


Again, anything that is not water is slightly blurred despite my best efforts at keeping the camera steady, glad I'm not a heavy smoker otherwise it would have been a lot worse!