Monday 19 October 2015

Holiday Photography #101 - St Nectan's Glen

Visited St Nectan's Glen today, what a place, steeped in history and religious significance it has a waterfall that simply takes the breath away...

Obviously I used it as an exercise to play with my camera's settings :)

Here is the waterfall in it's entirety, with a standard 'scenery' setting:



Now, here's a closeup of the lower part of the waterfall Photoshopped out of two with different shutter speeds:



The right-hand side of the pic is the one with the slower shutter speed and it's bloody difficult to keep the camera still when you're standing in a foot of water, hence the sightly blurry rocks and moss! If I'd had my tripod with me it would have been much better but I couldn't be bothered to carry it around. The left hand side is using the camera's sport mode which uses a very, very fast shutter speed.

You're supposed to come away from St Nectan's Glen with an invigorated spirit and a renewed sense of optimism and love... I'd like to think that everyone else who was there felt that.