Friday 21 November 2014

WoT pwnage! ;P

I regularly play World of Tanks, it's a great game as it cannot be played doing the usual kid-like fly off firing at the hip and grind out the KKs style. It's a tactical shooter that makes you think about the tank you're using, it's loadout, and, during each game, where you go and how you use the landscape to your advantage.

As an example I cite the picture below, it was when I was in a Matilda which is a British Medium class tier IV tank. I took out four enemies before I succumbed, probably my best purple patch I've had since playing World of Tanks. I must say I've probably played more games as the sole survivor in a Matilda than I have in other tanks (my KDR in a Churchill IV is awful), I've even had players on my team comment via audio stuff like "how the fuck is that Matila surviving so many hits!". I was tempted to respond with "It's all about the landscape and angles of deflection dear boy." but didn't 'cos I'd have probably been called a fag.

World of Tanks Matilda
Don't mess with a Matilda!