Monday 24 November 2014

We're getting too old for this shit...

The other day my brother and I went to the cinema to see Interstellar, before the film started the trailer for "The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies" came on and my brother turned to me and stated that he really needs to see the second film before we go and see that one. I agreed and said that I've got it on DVD so he can watch it anytime he wants.

As he was coming round to mine this Saturday to drink a couple of hundred beers and watch England v Samoa I suggested we watch it after the game as I needed to refresher on the storyline myself, he agreed.

So the game finishes (crap performance from England, despite the win) I put the DVD on, and five minutes into the film he says "I've definitely seen this before?", "I remember that scene…"

Then it suddenly dawned on us, we looked at each other with drunken realisation that we went to the cinema last year to see it! Yet, somehow, despite all the clues in the days since we'd seen the third film trailer, neither of us remembered. It truly was a most glorious example of collective senility I've ever been witness to. (Well, so far…)