Friday 13 February 2015

Train Fail...

Caught the wrong train home last night and found myself heading the wrong way, I was so engrossed in a book on my Kindle I didn't notice until I was several stations into the route so I got off at the next station as soon as I realised.

Fortunately the rail route I was on wasn't going in the opposite direction but more of a 'fork' away from the rail route I was supposed to be on so I had the option of a long but do-able walk home however I didn't for two reasons: I couldn't be arsed and my smartphone maps app failed me displaying a message saying: "Couldn't load route information at the moment"

So I steeled myself, took a deep breath, did a few 'woosah's' to calm my anger, crossed to the other platform and waited for a train back the way I came… it's interesting that when you find yourself in this situation the Law of Sod becomes rife, enter's centre stage and takes great delight at flicking you in the forehead annoyingly whilst throwing inconveniences at you left right and centre based on your current predicament.

For my current predicament I was out of position from my normal commute, miles from home, it was dark and I had to face heading back the way I came guaranteeing a tedious time-wasting trip, time that could have been spent getting my favourite meal from Subway and arriving home earlier. So what did the Law of Sod do? It made sure that all the trains on my platform were delayed, 'due to a slow running previous service' and not only that, the next train wasn't stopping at any stations other than the one that I originally started from which meant that I had to go all the way back to the city.

I blame the Law of Sod because I catch trains every day and I'm lucky that the train services I use are good, they rarely get delayed so the probability of what happened above could only be from Law of Sod's divine intervention.

Anyway after waiting longer than I wanted to I got the train back,  then got the correct train home… Law of Sod must have gone to sleep then because I didn't have to queue to get my Subway meal ;)