Saturday 7 February 2015

The price I pay for a night out...

So I went out Friday night to watch this year's Six Nations opener - Wales v England.

I don't get out much these days so when I do, I treat them as special and look to enjoy myself as much as possible, clearly the gods (if any) had other plans for my enjoyment.

Firstly the ATM I went to get cash out of threw a wobbler, turned itself off and retained my card so I had to spend 15 minutes on the phone to the bank, freezing my nuts off whilst I waited for them to confirm that the card had been cancelled and a new one ordered. Then, at the end of the night (most of which was spent cadging beers off the others due to not having much cash on me), I get some food from our local chippy which has had me almost permanently sat on the bog for most of the weekend.

Dodgy ATMs and food poisoning, it's no wonder I don't go out...

Oh and on a side note - why the hell don't people dance anymore? I was the only one on the dancefloor strutting my stuff whilst everyone else stood around looking miserable, and we were in an Irish pub so it's not like it was full of Welsh fans?!