Saturday 28 February 2015

Spiceworks - Spiceworld Poster Competition #1

For a few years I was a regular contributor in the Spiceworks Community, during that time, every year, they ran a poster competition to advertise their annual gathering which usually took place in their home city of Austin, Texas.

The first time I submitted an entry I was actually invited by Spiceworks themselves as one of their team had noticed that I had put 'Graphic Designer and IT Admin' in my user profile.

So I came up with a design and submitted it, it came second and I got some goodies off Spiceworks. For the next few years I continued to send in entries (will be shown in other posts).

This entry for 2008 is an abstract idea showing a rough outline of the state of Texas made from computer circuits. If anyone noticed (and probably didn't at the time), the spicy pepper graphic floats in a position approximately where the city of Austin is located in that state.

Spiceworld 2008