Monday 5 December 2016

Reasons why I don't want to live on this planet anymore #5

Brexit.

I voted for it, I really did... and I stick by my decision. I thought long and hard, read and heard all the arguments and in the end I genuinely felt that we were better off out.

What pisses me off is all the bullshit surrounding it now... why can't the Government just send the article 50 letter and get on with it?

Well, on this planet, these days, sending a simple letter WOULD BE JUST TOO FUCKING EASY!

There's everyone in London having it easy, supposedly creaming it off the top with their chums in Europe whilst the rest of the country had the scraps. Then they collectively threw their toys out of the pram and had a hissy fit when WE (everything north of Watford Gap, not including Scotland) voted out... and because of that the whole process has ground to a halt.

Prices have gone up because of opportunistic fuckwads smelling a profit... we lost a major customer at work because of that and we continue to get e-mails off suppliers stating price hikes.

Toblerones have less triangles in them, Cadbury Creme eggs are smaller (although I have to say that was happening BEFORE Brexit), Marmite increased in price AND IT'S MADE HERE! (Well done Tesco, by the way for standing up to that price hike). Pretty much everything is becoming half as big and twice as much in price, which just makes this planet a little bit more like I want to fuck off it.

But I still want Brexit, so fuck you London.