Monday 5 December 2016

Reasons why I don't want to live on this planet anymore #8

Driving...

Maybe it's just me but driving on our nation's roads has gotten a bit shittier these days -  it's harder to get anywhere due to excessive traffic and it's dodgy at the best of times due to idiots who don't know how to drive.

I'm not sure of the reasons why to be honest, perhaps because of Facebook ruling people's lives so much they can't tear their eyes away from their smartphone screens to concentrate on something as 'trivial' as driving? Or too much red tape in highways' management slowing down road repair procedures and keeping traffic-delaying diversions in place for longer? I don't know but it sure is shittier...

I still have a car but I try to use it as little as possible, saves mileage, money and, I suppose, the environment (to a certain degree, I don't agree with these 'global warming' tree huggers) and one less person on the roads during rush hour.