Saturday 11 April 2015

Pubs #2 - Solo Drinking

The other problem with solo drinking in a pub is being hounded off the table by a bunch of bald-headed shorts-wearing dickheads, who proceeded to plonk their gay bottled beer and shorts combinations down on the table I was sat at in a unified show of herd mentality that me, being on my own and with an almost empty pint glass on show simply had to give ground to as I needed to go to the bar.

Leaving my jacket on the chair wasn't an option and arguing with them probably would have got me thrown out, or worse.

So I conceded, got two pints and headed to a quiter area of the pub, they've won the battle, but not the war. I have reinforcements coming in an hour or two! 

Problem with this quieter area is I can't see the Rugby or the Grand National coverage.

I need to finish one of these two pints, then drift back inside without making it look like I'm an alcoholic in front of the nice people sat at the table next to me.

Ah heck, who am I kidding? Plus I'm in an Aussie themed pub for God's sake!