Saturday 18 April 2015

Elder Scrolls Online

ESO is now free to play apparently, bit of a kick in the bollocks for me since I paid £60 for the Imperial version last year plus several months of subscriptions but hey ho, I'll take the hit and try and claw it back by studiously researching the next bunch of AAA titles bound for the Xbox One, then make a careful and informed decision to buy based mostly on whether or not the devs/publishers are looking to rip me off.

That paid off recently when I decided not to get Evolve because it's one big ripoff (I think I blogged about that but can't be bothered to look).

Anyway, despite it being free to play now I let the automatic renewal fee go through so I could stay as a premium member, which gives me some additional luxuries, such as the awesome mount my character has got in the pic below. ESO has a new in-game currency called 'Crowns' and as a premium member I get a monthly allowance to spend in the online shop, this beast cost a fair few crowns but it's worth it to enhance the awesomeness of my character.

I should point out that there's nothing in the new online shop that give players' skills, abilities and weapons an advantage, it's all just cosmetic.

Whoa boy! Where's that tin of Whiskers?