Thursday 15 January 2015

Political correctness gone mad

I read recently that children's story writers have been advised to avoid using the term "When pigs will fly…" because it may offend Muslims.

When I see Muslims burning my country's flag in their streets, I tend to get a bit offended but I don't see them being given guidelines on not burning flags?

I mean really, "When pigs will fly…" is  a harmless term of exaggeration used for a situation that simply will not happen, I can't see how it can offend? But then I guess it's a good example of how diverse this world is where it's mostly one rule for them and everyone else can fuck off.

Similar subject but on a slightly different note (as the above doesn't really apply here) I read this article: Rotterdam's Mayor tells Muslims to pack their bags and go if they don't like freedom

I guess pigs will fly when Muslim extremists around the world put down their weapons and pursue peace.