Thursday 22 January 2015

Middle Age and Food...

As I walked into work on my daily commute my mind wandered to what I was going to have for dinner tonight… I could have used the time to think of much more creative things but no, I thought about steak pies, pizza or Chinese food instead.

Recently I've done that a lot and in discussion with others my age AND older it seems I'm not alone… as we get older, planning what to have for dinner seems to become the high point of the day. I guess there isn't anything else exciting enough anymore to preoccupy our minds and I must admit that I do get a tad excited about the meals I've planned later on, especially if I'm working through a long mundane project at work, I can break it up with thoughts of "Ah well, I can look forward to an ovenload of crispy duck and pancakes for when I get home!"

…and to think I used to get excited about skiing trips in Canada or piss-ups in Gran Canaria, nowadays it's a Tesco oven ready Cottage Pie!