Thursday 15 September 2016

Human Creativity and Nature as One!

The other day I arrived at work and, trudged into the studio, sat down and started to remove my walking footwear so I could put on my working pair, in the background Lenny Kravitz's song 'Fly Away' was playing... as I put my walking boots to one side I noticed that a Ladybird had settled on my leg. "Must've landed on me when I was outside" I thought.

So I placed my finger on my leg in front of the Ladybird so it could crawl onto it, which it did. I then carefully started to get up with the intention of going outside and depositing it onto the nearest plant leaf.

Just as Lenny was launching into his chorus: "I want to get away..." the Ladybird, clearly spooked by my movement, opened it's shell to reveal it's wings and flew off my finger at exactly the same moment as Lenny sang "I want to fly awaaaayyy..."!

It was an incredible moment, quite poignant... it's as if at that exact moment, time stood still and everything in the universe seemed to slow down to a halt, then it quickly sped back up and everything was normal again.

It kind of makes you appreciate the symmetry of the nature sometimes, when certain events come into sync with each other through sheer coincidence.

To Lenny Kravitz - for a brief moment your song truly was at one with nature.