Wednesday 15 June 2016

Brexit

It's about time I added my ha'penny's worth to the debate...

I've spent the past 6 months weighing up my vote choice by reading articles, watching the news, speaking with family, friends and work colleagues and I have now decided.

This article was the final straw that firmed up my decision - George Osborne threatening us with an 'emergency' budget full of tax rises if we vote to leave the European Union. It's because of this, amongst a long long list of other dubious claims and outright threats by the pro-EU group that I have decided to vote 'OUT'.

I think it's an utterly despicable piece of politics and reeks of desperation from a Government that clearly have realised that they simply don't know their own people and have negotiated a weak deal with the EU that will not benefit our country whatsoever, hence the these last gap blatant threats.

If we leave Europe we will no longer have to send hundreds of Billions of taxpayers cash to Brussels that we never see again, surely that money gets spent here instead? So why threaten to raise taxes?

I am sick and tired of the Pro-EU group telling us 'it's really bad' to leave the EU. It's all 'bad', 'bad', 'bad'... why not give us some positive reasons? And I'm not just talking about generalised stuff like "Oh, we'll retain 5 million jobs here and there if we stay in..." anyone can spout that shit. Give us some forward thinking, positive reasons instead of threats that constantly force the Pro-Brexit group on the defensive forcing them to 'generalise' their claims too, which isn't helping us.

As much as I admire being part of Europe, I'm a big fan go Germany and it's people for instance, I just don't think our membership in the EU is a benefit anymore.