Friday 4 September 2015

Fast food or healthy food... makes bugger all difference sometimes.

Boy, I have been shitting through the eye of a needle this morning, clearly it was something I ate last night.

I'm thinking that if I'd gone to Five Guys and gotten a burger last night whilst walking through my local shopping centre yesterday evening I probably wouldn't be in this situation now.

However at the time I didn't because I had no cash on me and couldn't be bothered to go to a cash point plus I had some sweetcorn and asparagus in the fridge that I wanted to use up, "a healthier choice" I'd thought to myself.

So I cooked the sweetcorn and asparagus and had them with some breaded chicken, oven cooked straight from the freezer, all were cooked properly and tasted great. Granted, the asparagus was a day or two over the 'use by' date but they smelled and looked fine and had been stored in a tupperware dish in my fridge rather than left to rot in their original cling film packaging.

So I felt better for eating a supposedly healthier meal and being richer by around £10 (Five Guys burgers are ridiculously expensive but soo good!)

That ended around 11.15pm when I was roused from my slumber with a dash to the bog... then two more this morning after I got up, one of which was preceded with a very uncomfortable walk from the train station to work.

When England play Ireland at Twickenham tomorrow I'll be there and I'll be the one making a beeline to the burger vans!