Sunday 7 December 2014

Wasps' New Home

I can see my seat from here!


Went to the Ricoh Arena to attend an open day Wasps Rugby Club had laid on to promote them becoming it's owners.

It was a dantastic day, free entry, parking, tea, coffee and food, a tour of the arena's facilities plus we got a chance to walk pitchside to see where we wanted to sit as we're geting half season tickets :)

I have to say Wasps did a cracking job welcoming us all and looking after us, everything was perfectly done, even the food they served was a sample of what they'll be serving on matchdays.

There was a talk by the CEO to explain why Wasps have done it and a few words from Coventry City Council's chief about their relationship with Wasps going forward.

I think it's important to state here that despite all this Coventry City Football Club will be okay aswell, they haven't been 'steamrollered' by this deal and will continue to play their games at the Ricoh as normal, despite what the 'naysayers' are going on about... I asked the CEO myself and got assurances from him that that was the case (and I'm not even a Sky Blues fan but I always like to see that Midland clubs are doing alright).

I look forward to seeing the result of what I think is one of the most astute bits of business I ever seen in the world of sport.

Go Wasps!