Saturday 7 April 2018

Failbook... and other social media stuff

Ugh... you know I haven't posted to my blog for ages... and I haven't posted anything of value content-wise for even longer than that! But you know, so what? I always remind myself that I created this blog for myself, as a legacy of my ramblings over the years of my life so I have a record that I can read back and amuse myself for when I'm, old infirm and plonked in a chair in some old people's home, quietly pissing myself.

My Blog's remained untouched because I expanded my presence into the world of social media by creating not just a Twitter account but also - by selling my soul to the devil - creating a Facebook account AND an Instagram account.

With Twitter I had a grand vision of moving my quotes and ramblings off Blogger because Google stupidly decided to abandon the IOS Blogger app, forcing me to use Safari which made it so painful to post to Blogger. But I found Twitter too exposing, to wide-ranging for my introverted character and also it's cringe-fest system of having to bow and simper to people to get them to follow you then thumping your chest with regular tweets in a pissing contest with others over how many followers you have. No, fuck that... so I just use it to complain and post the occasional Pokemon Go image/rant, which no-one reads anyway.

With Instagram I simply wanted to throw my photos out there, if there's one thing I WILL brag about myself, it's that I'm an excellent photographer and Instagram, with it's large user-base was a good choice to show off my work... and, to be honest, I've had a fair share of likes but, mostly, my stuff has been ignored, probably because Instagram is so massive so there's too much white noise interference for my content to get lost in... that and those fuckhead Kardashians with their fuckwit talentless posts.

Facebook, (or Failbook as I like to call it) was for a different reason... I'd always prided myself on being resistant to the call to join, citing reasons of privacy... however, despite my reluctance it seemed the only logical way to share my Rewind Weekend photos with the people I shared that weekend with, so I created a Facebook profile for that... I don't regret that decision but I don't enjoy using it so I rarely read it, 'like' stuff or post to it, much to the digital frustration of Facebook's marketing algorithms that regularly whore my profile out I'd wager!

I never intended to use Facebook like I do with Blogger, simply because I think there are too many people flooding their Facebook feeds with inane chat that their Friends probably find dull or possibly even annoying... too many on my feed post political opinions/controversy etc. that I believe they need to keep to themselves, personally I think facebook only should be for families/friends that are separated by great distances to stay more easily in touch but that's just me, Zuckerberg and co. feel otherwise and must feel empowered when they see someone get roasted in replied comments to their opinions on immigration or on some twatty politician's latest ramblings.

So that left Blogger, which I'd abandoned until now... I have come full circle, tried all the other social medai stuff that mattered, found them wanting which brought me back here... nice, safe, quiet Blogger, which no-one reads either!