Wednesday 22 February 2017

Lego Technic

I've gotten into Lego Technic... after recently ditching Sky TV I've been after other avenues of entertainment. Something more 'hands-on' rather than staring at the TV all the time...

I've had it for a few weeks now and haven't made much progress... this is because, like a fine wine, I've been 'relishing' it, taking my time, building it bit by bit... and thoroughly enjoying it I have too!

The set is a Bucket Wheel Excavator, and it's huge! The manual alone is 500-pages long but it's a challenge enough to enable me to engage my brain on a 'non-digital' craft after spending a day staring at a computer screen!

The box...

A manual that you can chock a 747 with!

Making a start - the excavator loader truck

Loader truck step 2

Loader truck - more pieces

Loader truck, chassis almost complete :)

Loader truck - steering added

Loader truck... just need wheels :)

Loader truck complete!

Once the loader truck is finished the manual moves on to the excavator - the base section from the looks of it:

From small steps...

Okay that's a heck of a big jump between this pic and the
previous one, but I was concentrating so much I forgot to
take pictures!

Here's the base completed, alongside the truck...

That's as far as I've got... next up - the excavator's tracks!