Saturday 6 August 2016

A Historical Boozer

When I worked in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter as a graphic designer through the Nineties, I spent a great deal of time in a pub called The Bown Lion.

We used to go there every Friday lunchtime and, most often than not, never made it back to work... or, occasionally, got back to work but we were too bloody drunk to be of any use. If we went back to work we'd still end up going back at 5pm then pub crawl our way to the train station. Ahh, good times, we'd have their uniquely strangely fish-flavour burgers and chips washed down with cold bottles of Budweiser Ice, then as the afternoon wore on switching to Bottles of Special Brew... well, at least I switched to the Special Brew, my colleagues tended to do K Cider.

I'm pretty sure that stunted by career development and, with a better 'go to' attitude could have a stellar career instead of pissing it up the wall. However, that said, I had so much fun back then that if I had the chance to 're-do' the early years of my career, I'd do it again!!

This morning I had a nostalgic trip around the Jewellery Quarter and took this picture of one of my favourite watering holes!

The Brown Lion, a real ale pub in the
 Jewellery Quarter, I had some great times there

On a side note, if anyone playing Pokemon GO is interested in catching Drowzees, go to St Paul's Square, it's fucking infested with them!